Wednesday, April 4, 2012

stir-fry that wasn't

Well I started out with 2 chicken breasts and a plan.. then I got to go to IHOP for dinner.. (Nutella crepes are AMAZING in case you were wondering) Then it was a late day and quick dinner, and then I forget lol but now the chicken is defrosted and needing to be used! So I take from my shelf the Lipton side "Teriyaki Noodles" and start cutting chicken while I have the eldest practice her reading out loud to me. On a side note I figure this is a wonderful time to have her read to me as I can listen and help while getting something else done! Now.. for what went into this amazingly tasty dinner that I have no pictures of... again.. sorry.. I know.. I am slacking.. at least I am posting again!! So shhh lol

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs or so)
2 packages of the above mentioned side (this is NOT needed as I learned lol)
2 TBLSP chopped garlic
teryaki sauce
3/4lb carrots (I used baby ones) cut on the bias (or in circles I dont care! lol)
4 ribs of celery
1/4 any color bell pepper you have (I used the chopped ones I had in the freezer, yellow and orange)
2 large clementines (mine were again frozen as I used the skins in soap.. yes.. soap)
1lb thin spaghetti (this is too much but it worked out lol)
chicken base paste stuff (or bullion)
orange juice
1 can of sliced water chestnuts
about 1/3 of a leek sliced and washed of course (ugh sand in dinner NOT good)
oh and about a TBLSP of brown sugar

now.. here is the long part.. cup up the chicken and put into a bowl (help sound out words from the eldest as needed from her new book) pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Teryaki sauce on it and mix it all up. Start the side (this is not needed but you can do it anyway) cut up the rest of the veggies. (correct the youngest from poking the oldest while she is reading about 10 times) Heat up a large wok or another HUGE pan you have.. a pot will NOT work. When it is good and hot add the oil let it heat up before tossing in the chicken and garlic. Cook about 7 mins till cooked thru. toss in the veggies. Mix in the bowl the chicken was in 1/4 cupish of the teryaki sauce,  the brown sugar, 3 cubes bullion or 2 teaspoons stock paste, 1/4 cupish of water and about a cup of OJ and mix it WELL. (tell the reading child that you are cooking and need to deal with that she can read more later or tomorrow but she is doing so good!) turn off the side as it is prob done by now. Add the liquid mixture to the pan and realise that the side is just not enough to go with the stir-fry you now have in the pan, get annoyed that you dont have angelhair pasta, and use thin spaghetti instead, break it into 1/3rds into the pan with the stir-fry and cover at hubbys thought. (see.. you need a HUGE pan lol) after 5 mins add another 1/8th cup of teryaki sauce to the pan and then about 1/2 cup of OJ to the pan. stir it all up good often keeping it covered in between. Let this cook about a total of 15 mins. PLEASE be careful, I left mine about 3 mins too long and it started to stick and burn on the bottom, but it was still SO tasty. Put into bowls and devour.

and hopefully another post tomorrow.. perhaps if you are good you will get the baked potato soup with ham recipe I made with a ham bone (dont like split pea soup so potato it is for using up the ham bones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment